Monday, September 21, 2009

Parky's-Forest Park, IL




Eh. So we ran out for a quick lunch and went to Parky's. The look of the place was cool, triangle-shaped old school hot dog joint. Service was really quick and pleasant, and there are many picnic table to eat at outside. But, eh. Vienna Beef was not advertised, and I have come to learn that while hot dog dining in Chicagoland, go with the Vienna Beef. I had a regular with "everything" without onion or relish. I have come to detest the neon-green, super-sweet relish (as if I didn't before) that they serve out here. Parky's version of "everything" is tomato and sport peppers. No pickle?! I will say that the sport peppers (pickled pepper to those not in the know) here are big, fat and juicy. Nice bite and they spray pepper juice all over. But the hot dogs are boiled, or steamed, or something, light colored dogs highly reminicent of school cafeteria lunch dogs. Guess they are keeping it old school. Go with the advertised "all beef dog" as my hot dog date did. I left far more dissapointed that he did. I will say their fries are good, skin-on and come in a big fat greast bag, nicely salted. So-peppers good, dogs bad. Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment