Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome to All Things Hot Dog!!!


So here it goes. My little contribution to the blogging world. I love hot dogs. What could be more All-American then hot dogs??? Think of baseball games, 4th of July, summer barbeques, walking on the boardwalk, tailgating at football games. All things I love, and hot dogs go hand-in-hand right along! From Phillies Franks, Nathan's, Oscar-Mayer, Vienna Beef, the guys on NYC street corners, to many, many others I want to explore. Welcome to the wonderful world of hot dogs as I see it. Remember hot dogs are food too!

3 comments:

  1. Hot dogs I feel are a very underrated food and culturally valuable. Most doctors recommend you eat at least one in your lifetime. Encased meats in general are the greatest invention since the wheel. But when you put them in a gas station on one of them roller thingys and it rolls all day long and you show up at 4pm very hungry…and you take a gamble on the rolling goodness…..now that is about some nasty stuff. Like a lumpy beef jerky. I do not wish that one on anyone. I personally like the big fat Hebrew Nationals. I have only found them at Cosco here in Delaware. Here is Delaware in an unusual place called Deerhead Hot Dogs. They have a special sauce that I cannot even describe and they have been making it since the 1960s. It is kind of like a thin chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good name for this blog is the "hot dog blog".......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bob, thanks!! I agree with you re the gas station hot dogs. Sad. I will have to check out Deerhead Hot Dogs when I visit Deleware, have friends there. Hot Dog Blog is good, but when I am hungry for one I always think "hot diggity dog" so that was it... :)

    ReplyDelete