Friday, September 25, 2009

White Sox Dogs-US Cellular Field Chicago







Eating a hot dog at a ball game is about as good as it gets. So we went to a couple White Sox games this week, and hit the Vienna Beef stand first thing. At US Cellular Field, this being Chicago mind you, there are lots of (I mean lots of) options. Brats, Polish, Sausage, nachos, churros, burgers....the list goes on. But we were keeping it simple. The dogs served are Vienna Beef, simply served on a soft bun. The only options were ketchup, mustard and onions, which I feel was a nice change from all the loaded dogs I have been eating out here in Chicago. I went for mustard and my honey (hot dog date) went for mustard & onion. Why ketchup is even offered is beyond me, as it is considered a mortal sin out here to put that condiment on your hot dog. And ummm ummm good, as the only thing standing in they way of delicious beefy dog was a little mustard. You could really eat two or three this way, if so inclined and there is not a mountain of stuff to get stuffed on. But then you wouldn't have room for the beer! Hot dogs and ball games=a match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment