Saturday, September 26, 2009

SuperDawg-Chicago, IL







Oh, my. SuperDawg, I love you. An iconic car-hop hot dog joint that offers the best yet in my Chicago adventures. We ordered from the walk-up window and had a bit of a wait as this place is really packed. Behind the scenes is quite a production, as you can watch the staff prepare tons of orders, sans gloves!! Hmmm....anyway. Order up! and we went outside to the picnic tables to feast. The orders come nestled in cute boxes, once opened...delight. A huge beef hot dog, soft bun atop crinkle cut, perfectly crisped fries. I had mustard, pickle, sport peppers. The pickle is extra crisp and a big slice, very generous with the peppers, and cute bonus-a tomato pickle stuck on top. I love surprises! Bite through soft bun, cold crisp pickle, hot pepper and juicy, juicy beef. Superdawg, you make me feel dirty, you are that good. I could eat here daily, and watch my thin Northeastern girl frame widen to Chicago proportions, but hey! It's all good. Do not drive past, stop in when you see the big hotdog people dancing on the roof. You will loooooove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment